Friday 2 November 2012

I am no longer 30 (something)

*Nov. 3rd  is my 40th Birthday, and I am NOT too happy about it. In fact, I have sobbed a few times this week. I even have to edit my profile now! I needed some shopping therapy-but had that nagging voice in my head reminding me about the 3 kids upcoming birthdays, Christmas and all the bills! We were lucky to  come across some great sales on our recent travels. I was surprised later to find out just what my hubby was willing to spend on me-he does try hard! and that makes me happy-but I am even happier to know that even in my frantic state I didn`t spend too much cuz the  feeling of the  intense guilt later is a killer!
 Simple things make me happy.
 We found some great stuff at a barn/garage sale an older man was having. and BOY! did he have some GREAT stuff! unfortunately he knew it and it showed on his prices! :/
 I got myself a new rolling pin-just in case someone angers me on my 40th!......JOKE!
 Found these great SWEATER MUGS at none other than.........Dollarama!!
 I sat looking at these today-then took a peek at pinterest and now have a GREAT idea for Christmas/holiday gifts for teachers! (will post about that next month!)
I enjoyed a nice cup of hot cocoa in my new sweater mug last night and tonight I will .................. 
(no this is not me but) I will be having my last HOT BATH of my 30's tonight! I figure it's a relaxing way to reminisce on all the wonderful things that  my 30's brought me. (now hopefully the kids go to bed or are at least QUIET! I will try to be relaxed about it and look positively into this  new beginning but I know I will shed MANY tears throughout 'MY' day!

13 comments:

  1. I hope you have a very happy birthday!! I was so upset about turning 40, but some very sweet friends of mine made me feel so special on my birthday that it ended up being a wonderful day. I hope 40 is your best year yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Lisa! I actually had a very gratifying day! On with my new adventures!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Isn't 40 the new 30?? Something like that and on it goes. Your photos are lovely and I'm especially enjoying your pretty ironstone pieces.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Alice! I am quite enjoying being a new collector of Ironstone! I am going to a sale November 17th that is going to knock my socks off! I plan on coming home with some more I will surely be posting about that great experience! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy happy day to you.

    I turned 44 in June! I am just thankful to still feel young and don't think I look too very old. It is hard for me to believe that I am mid-40's.

    Love your little mug sweaters. I would love to find some of those around here. Such fun and so cute.

    Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Amy! I survived it and have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought! The week leading up to it had me a little discouraged but all is well now! And judging from your picture I sure didnt think you were even IN your 40's!~ Mel ;)

      Delete
  4. Melanie,
    I would love to feature your beautiful home on my blog. Can you send me an email and I'll let you know a little more of what I had in mind. :)
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    ferncreekcottage@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omgosh I just found this!! Thank you Lisa,I am thrilled!! I will e-mail you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated birthday wishes! The mugs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just found this! thanks Elizabeth! they are aren't they!!? :)

      Delete
  7. I just found your sweet blog today, courtesy of Brenda at Cozy Little House. I saw that you recently turned 40- so did I (on October 26th). I hope you are adjusting to your new age bracket. My husband, a wise older man at 44, says being in his 40s is fabulous and he is looking forward to whatever comes next. I am choosing to believe him and celebrate a new decade! So belated Happy Birthday, Melanie!! May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well THANKS very much Miss Melissa!! Joining the 40 club wasn't so bad I guess-but the week leading up to it was! I was very emotional! haha! Thanks for popping in & I hope you enjoy! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...